Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: Happy Teachers' Day, Mama!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy Teachers' Day, Mama!

I've always loved celebrating Teachers' Day 'cuz my mommy would always come back with lots of pressies for me to open up on her behalf. I remember I'll always buy a red colour ball point pen for her as Teachers' day present since I don't have much money with me during school days. Mama always smile when she receives the red pen as a pressie during this special day, though it's just a small gift, but I think she appreciates.


Many years have passed and she has retired from teaching. I must say that I really take my hats off her. She was teaching for a good long 38 years as a chinese teacher in a secondary school and every night, she will stay up till very late just to mark those papers.

Anyway, I've not been doing anything for her eversince she retired, so this year I decided to surprise her with a cake. She doesn't like chocolatey, colourful & creamy stuffs. Here's what DH & I got for her...



(Photo courtesy of Jo)

Verdict: I'm glad she likes this cake very much! :) She called me and told me that it was really good!

Thanks Jo, u've done it well again!! I didn't get a chance to try it, but I know in future I will. :)

Mama, though you've retired, you'll always be the best teacher in my heart. Happy Teachers' Day and I love U!! :)