Loh Mai Gai
Made Loh Mai Gai on 21 April 2006 and Im happy that hubby love this simple yet delicious side dish.
Here's the recipe from a member of KC, but I modified the marinate for chicken to make it tastier.
Evie, this is for you!
Recipe yields 8 cups of Loh Mai Gai
Ingredients for toppings:
2 chicken thigh meat(boneless)
8 pcs preserved chinese mushrooms
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine(Huo Tiao Jiu)
2 tbsp onion oil for frying the chicken (I use extra virgin olive oil)
Seasoning for rice:
300 gm glutinous rice(wash, soak overnight & drain)
4 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Method to cook toppings:
1. Chopped chicken into smaller bite sizes.
2. Marinate with seasoning except onion oil.
3. In a wok, add onion oil to heat.
4. Add marinated chicken and seasonings to stir fry over high heat for 2 mins.
5. Add mushrooms to stir fry for 1 min.
6. Remove, set aside.
Method for rice:
1. Using the same wok, add 3 tbsp onion oil to heat.
2. Add washed rice and seasonings and stir fry till its sticky(about 5 mins).
Method to assemble together:
1. Place a few pieces of semi-cooked chicken, mushrooms on a small bowl.
2. Add rice and press down to fill up to the rim of the bowl.
3. Steam over high heat for 45 mins.
4. To serve, invert bowl on a plate and remove the bowl.
5. Serve hot with chilli on the side.
Voila! Enjoy your LMG!