Tried 2 new dishes tonight. And by the time everything is done, I was dead tired.
Never believed in cooking beef myself. It's either too hard to chew, or there're some beefs that have super strong smell even after cooking. But after making my Korean Dwen Jang Jji Ge stew, I've only had confidence in this beef. So tonight, I made Sauté Beef with Broccoli In Oyster Sauce.
250g topside beef, thinly sliced
5-6cups broccoli florets
Marinade for Beef:
3tsp rice vinegar
1tsp light soy sauce
1 egg white
1tsp corn starch
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
a pinch of sugar
1tsp minced garlic
1) Whisk all marinades together in a bowl, marinade beef & fridge for 1-3 hrs.
2) Bring a pot of water to boil, add in broccoli florets. Cook for 30 seconds & drain. Set aside.
3) Mix sauce mixture together & set aside.
4) Heat oil in wok, sauté some garlic till fragrant. Add in beef, stir fry till browned. Dish out.
5) Add oil to wok again, sauté rest of the garlic & pour in sauce mixture till it boils.
6) Stir in broccoli & beef slices back to wok, mix well. Cook to heat through about 1 min & serve with rice.
Next up is my Chi Kut Teh. I've had too many packets of Bak Kut Teh spices in my cupboard, so I thought why not use chicken instead. Added some wolfberries too! I love the seeds inside them, would go digging them out just to chew on them. :P