Gräciõ's LäveñderBliss Café: My 1st Char Siew!! (Wok Fried Style)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My 1st Char Siew!! (Wok Fried Style)

Char Siew (CS) is best to be marinated overnight. Let the marinade be absorbed fully into the pork belly. I miss CS so much that I decided, just make! and it was a success! Im glad, I must say, cuz I never expect this to be so easy. Moreover, Angie contributed the style for making this CS. Wok Fried! Yay! Thanks Angie! and the recipe is from another member of KC who's homemade CS sauce can even beat Lee Kum Kee (LKK) sauce! Haha...

Hong Kong's CS is brown in colour whereas Singapore's CS is red. I think we're all so used to the red colouring as it looks more appetizing. But I have no doubts that HK CS is good too! =)

Curious, I made both at the same time. One LKK & the other, the homemade sauce by "cwl" @ KC.
See the difference...


LKK Sauce CS


Homemade Sauce CS
(I added abit of red colouring as the original recipe does not have any red colouring, don't look really red tho)


Verdict: Hubby & I love the homemade CS sauce! Outbeat LKK sauce! Its definitely a keep on my recipe book! Yay, now no need to crave for CS liao, can make anytime! Im so happy!