Dinner yesterday was...
Have not been well for days but yet decided to cook something simple as eating out here is expensive.
Egg Drop Flower Soup's an easy dish to make. "Qing1 Dan4" and nutritious. Never fail to make a perfect 1 dish meal too.
Tomato Puree Chicken Goulash. Original recipe I got from magazine uses fresh cream & pounded red fresh chillis. But I changed it into using skimmed fresh yogurt & chilli powder. My 1st time using yoghurt in cooking. Glad that it turned out well. =)
350gm chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
2 medium-sized carrots, cut into chunks
2 medium-sized rusett potatoes, cut into chunks
1 can button mushrooms
2tbsp chilli powder
1 large brown onion, sliced
1 can tomato puree
1 pack/cup fresh skimmed yoghurt
1tbsp olive oil
A pinch of salt
1. Heat pot, add oil. Fry sliced onions till fragrant.
2. Add chicken & fry till golden brown.
3. Put in carrots, potatoes & button mushrooms, fry for 1 min.
4. Pour in tomato puree , yoghurt & chilli powder.
5. Add a little water if mixture is too thick for you. Add a pinch of salt & simmer till chicken & vegetables are thoroughly cooked. Serve with rice or pasta.